It's getting to where the meets are coming at us fast and furious with performances starting to reach another level with the divisional and All State championships just around the corner. This past weekend we had our Division 4 and Division 5 State Relays. We also had a few of our teams and athletes travel across the border, competing at the Yale Track Classic in nearby New Haven, Conn.
What athlete or relay team stuck our from the rest at these meets? Here's a rundown of the top performances for this week's poll. Once you look them over, pick the one you feel belongs at the top. Voting ends Friday at midnight.
In last week's poll, Hopkinton was our top vote-getter, collecting more than 1,000 votes for its victory in the 4x50y shuttle hurdles at the Division 3 Relays.
- Acton-Boxborough's Samantha Friborg clocked the nation's fastest time this year for 800 meters, wining the event at the Yale Track Classic in 2:10.26.
- Woburn finished sixth overall in the DMR with a time of 12:30.15 at the Yale Track Classic, a time that currently ranks No. 2 in the state.
- Amherst-Pelham captures the DMR at the Division 4 Relays with a quality time of 12:46.32.
- Pentucket just misses a meet record in the 4x50y shuttle hurdle with a time of 29.18 at the Division 4 Relays, the fastest among all five divisions the past two weekends.
- North Reading takes the long jump at the Division 4 Relays with a combined leap of 48-8.75, best among all divisions.