It's getting to where the meets are coming at us fast and furious with performances starting to reach another level with the divisional and All State championships just around the corner. This past weekend we had our Division 4 and Division 5 State Relays. We also had a few of our teams and athletes travel across the border, competing at high-level meets such as the New Balance Games, the VA Showcase and the Yale Track Classic in nearby New Haven, Conn.
What athlete or relay team stuck our from the rest at these meets? Here's a rundown of the top performances for this week's poll. Once you look them over, pick the one you feel belongs at the top. Voting ends Friday at midnight.
In last week's poll, Boston College High was our top vote-getter for its win in the 4x400m at the Division 2 Relays.
- Tristan Shelgren of St. John's Prep clocks 4:18.58 to place second overall in the Invitational Mile at the New Balance Games, just missing individual honors.
- Newton North's Theo Burba takes second overall for 800m at the VA Showcase with a time of 1:56.42.
- Somerville's Phillip Magre grabs individual glory for 400m at Yale Track Classic with 48.97 clocking. He was also third in the high jump with a state No. 3 of 6-5.
- Northampton captures 4x400m at Division 4 State Relays with fast 3:30.99 effort.
- Woburn holds off fellow state rival Marshfield to secure second place in DMR at Yale Track Classic. Woburn's time, 10:36.78, ranks No. 2 in the state.