Do you LOVE track & field and cross country?
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe running?
Then we want you! MileSplit, the leading scholastic track network in the country, is looking for a webmaster to lead our coverage team in Massachusetts.
The webmaster is an organized ideas generator, an all-around track expert who produces content that is best in class and relevant to athletes, coaches and fans, and is dedicated to making MileSplit the go-to source for all important information in high school track & field and cross country.
The ideal candidate is Massachusetts-based, a passionate, and curious subject matter expert who is excited at the prospect of crafting all types of content in a state, and a sport rich with stories, celebrities, events, history, and most importantly… potential. This is a part-time job for someone who wants to grow the sport of track.
- Develop and execute great daily web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing. You will spotlight the top athletes and coaches in your sport with interesting stories.
- Create compelling premium content that engages your audience and grows the subscribers in your state. Recruit and manage a team of local contributors to help extend your video, photo and written coverage.
- Work with the National team to cross promote the most powerful content throughout the network.
- Build relationships within your state's community of coaches, officials, timers, associations, parents, teams, clubs and athletes.
- Represent MileSplit in your state with the highest integrity when dealing with local event directors, coaches, athletes, parents and the T&F/XC community at large.
- Provide the most accurate and in-depth offerings in your state in regards to results, team and event rankings, meet calendars, team associations and athlete profiles.
- Travel throughout the state to create kick-ass on-site coverage of top events. Interview the athletes, film races, write compelling recaps and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- Look for opportunities to provide live streaming coverage at the best events!
- Work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up a plan that attracts readers and makes them want to stick around for more. Listen to your audience and adjust your plans accordingly.
- Be relied on to handle multiple content projects at once because you're a multitasking machine.
- Be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your state to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- Insure content is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
- Be a social media influencer, actively participating in your community while marketing the content you create to those who seek it. • Enter and process results from events in your state timely and accurately.
- Meet with management team regularly to dig into the details around performance and set goals.
DESIRED, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) preferred.
- Quality and volume of content produced
- Overall traffic growth goals
- Growth and retention of subscribers
- Social media growth goals
Interested individuals should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com