Littleton High achieved a milestone for its girls' program on Friday.
For the first time in the school's history, the Lady Tigers can call themselves state champions. With some key points in several events, including a 1-2 finish in the mile run, Littleton claimed the Division 5 crown with a 49-36 win over second-place South Hadley.
In the boys' competition, Old Rochester ended a 10-year drought (indoor and outdoor) with an impressive 46-38 victory over runner-up Newburyport.
For the girls, Littleton managed to earn its victory with just a handful of scorers. The Tigers got a crucial 18 points from twin sisters Sarah and Kaitlyn Roffman in the first race on the oval, the mile run. Sarah clocked a winning time of 5 minutes, 4.14 seconds. Kaitlyn secured second at 5:12.90.
Littleton solidified its team title with a winning effort from its 4x800m squad, which was timed in a combined 9:57.91.
Old Rochester had a big day from senior Danny Renwick, who took the 55-meter hurdles and cleared a meet record of 6 feet, 8.25 inches in the high jump, a PR and the best in the state. Renwick also lent his footspeed in the winning 4x400m (9:57.91).
- 1,000 Meter Run - Gianna Mastromatteo (Saint Peter Marian High School) 2:58.74; Sarah Roffman (Littleton High School) 3:04.02; Kate Mitchell (Lynnfield High School) 3:04.47; Pearl Vercruysse (Marthas Vineyard Regional High School) 3:06.47; Kaitlyn Roffman (Littleton High School) 3:07.35; Jocelyn Rondeau (South Hadley High School) 3:07.58;
- Two Mile Run - Stephanie Casaletto (Austin Prep School) 11:21.70; Emily Boutin (Pope Francis) 11:24.98; Abigail Hamilton (Grafton High School) 11:26.80; Meghan Davis (Mohawk Trail Regional High School) 11:28.85; Megan Scott (Adv. Math and Science Academy) 11:44.63; Michaela Halloran (Amesbury High School) 11:46.24;
- 300 Meter Dash - Alyssa Madden (Oakmont Regional High School) 40.30; Chloe Alfieri (Bromfield School) 41.20; Alyssa Zee (Ashland High School) 41.69; Lauren Sablone (Austin Prep School) 41.97; Caroline Schissel (Amesbury High School) 42.90;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Ashland High School 1:47.62; Newburyport High School 1:49.24;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Littleton High School 9:57.91; South Hadley High School 9:59.70;
- 55 Meter Dash - Skylar Snay (Amesbury High School) 7.33; Chloe Alfieri (Bromfield School) 7.36; Haley Dennis (Saugus High School) 7.37; Saralynn Spear (Blackstone Millville Regional High School) 7.38;
- 600 Meter Run - Laraine Harring (Essex Agricultural & Technical High School) 1:39.86; Sarah Fudger (South Hadley High School) 1:39.91; Kaylin Ciesluk (Oakmont Regional High School) 1:40.26; Jade Cromwell (Manchester Essex Reg. High School) 1:41.86; Emma Hartzel (Littleton High School) 1:42.27; Grace Hadley (North Reading High School) 1:42.98; Andrea St. Jean (Grafton High School) 1:43.00;
- One Mile Run - Sarah Roffman (Littleton High School) 5:04.14; Kaitlyn Roffman (Littleton High School) 5:12.90; Michaela Halloran (Amesbury High School) 5:15.27; Meredith Griffin (North Reading High School) 5:16.45;
- Shot Put - Cameron Garabian (Seekonk High School) 39-7;
- 1,000 Meter Run - Jordan Manuel (Murdock High School) 2:38.63; Kellan Waters (Ipswich High School) 2:38.87; Erik Linden (Dover Sherborn Regional High School) 2:39.27;
- Two Mile Run - Ethan Mathews (Ayer-Shirley High School) 9:39.66; Sam Acquaviva (Newburyport High School) 9:41.86;
- 300 Meter Dash - Nicholas Kinnon (Lynnfield High School) 36.18; Jean-paul Carbonneau (Adv. Math and Science Academy) 36.59;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Newburyport High School 8:17.23;
- 55 Meter Hurdles - Davide Pittilini (Lynnfield High School) 7.68; Danny Renwick (Old Rochester Regional High School) 7.71; Davide Pittilini (Lynnfield High School) 7.72;
- 55 Meter Dash - John Caouette (Oakmont Regional High School) 6.55; John Caouette (Oakmont Regional High School) 6.59; Nicholas Kinnon (Lynnfield High School) 6.57; Henry Osei (Holy Name High School) 6.62; Henry Osei (Holy Name High School) 6.61; Mike D'agostino (Ipswich High School) 6.62;
- 600 Meter Run - Shawn Carlson (Bishop Fenwick High School) 1:23.56; Thomas Helms (North Reading High School) 1:23.96; Daniel Allara (Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School) 1:25.03; Mason Barrieau (Athol High School) 1:25.41; Alec Goldenberg (Douglas High School) 1:25.57;
- High Jump - Danny Renwick (Old Rochester Regional High School) 6-8.25;
- One Mile Run - Jack Carleo (Newburyport High School) 4:22.37; Peter Horvath (Coyle & Cassidy High School) 4:30.62;