This past weekend the Reggie Lewis Center played host to the Coaches Invitational's Large and Small School meets. Considering the time of the season - All State Meet is less than a month away - and the fact that some of our state's top athletes were entered, it didn't surprise us that we witnessed several outstanding performances; not to mention more than a few meet records.
Here's what we consider the top efforts from the two days at Reggie.
- Bromfield School's Chloe Alfieri captured the 55-meter dash and 300m at the Small School meet. In the 300m, she clocked the second fastest time ever in the state with a meet record of 39.18.
- Littleton's Sarah Roffman ran a nearly 20-second best to win the two mile at the Small School meet. Roffman was clocked in 10:45.51, a time that ranks No. 3 in the country.
- Hingham's Zoe Dainton matched her PB in the high jump by winning her specialty at the Large School meet with a height of 5 feet, 8 inches.
- Reading's Shannon Parks had a career day in the shot put at the Large School meet with a four-plus foot PR of 42-6.25, currently No. 1 in the state.
- Shepherd Hill clocked the third fastest time in the state for the 4x400m relay at the Large School meet combining for a triumphant 4:03.77.
- Springfield Central's Kyla Hill won a competitive 55m race at the Large School meet, breaking the tape in a state-leading 7.20.
- Newton South's Lucy Jenks clocks state No. 3 of 5:07.63 for mile at Large School meet.
Now we want your vote. Pick the performance above that you feel belongs at the top. Voting ends Friday at midnight.